About Me

My photo
Whether it's five miles or five hundred miles, riding a bicycle is more fun than anyone ever told me! My New Year's Resolution to cycle 10 miles a day or 40 minutes on a spin bike has meant that by the end of May I have cycled 2,600 miles! Because of my cycling wardrobe the weather has not stopped me from cycling (unless it really is -5 degrees or with wind gusts of 25 mph). Cycling in style and in comfort is really important to me as I don't really want to be covered in logos looking like a Ninja as I buy groceries or attend meetings. I have found some things that work for me but am always looking for new pieces. For me, Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery for the basics. My two favourite brands for my wardrobe are www.velorution.com and www.velovixen.com but I am always looking for new pieces. I would love to know what works for you and why. Happy cycling!

Thursday 14 February 2013

Mice Log Star Date 43

 12 02 13. Two sets of stats as I was curious! in 53.05 mins I cycled 11.68 miles with a max speed of 21.9 and a rolling average of 13.2 I have clearly speeded up a weensy jot - probably after trying to keep up with Evey Allsopp, TJ Alexander and Topcat1! The overall stats were 20.78 miles with an average of 11.9 in 1.44hrs.



The words of my physiotherapist were ringing in my ears this morning, so I did my exercises litigiously. Her words of warning yesterday were unfounded - nothing hurt (no more than normal) so I headed outside. After all it was three whole degrees! 



I did three laps of the park. The trees were having a bit of a laugh because as I rode under them they dumped the snowflakes they had saved from yesterday on top of me. 



I carried on. It was cold but fun to be out - every time I go to Hyde Park I see something I haven't noticed before. 




A post box! Royal Mail? I pootled down Rotten Row and headed to Kensington Palace Gardens and Millionaires Row. There are some big houses up there!

Just as I was minding my own business, I stood up on the pedals and there was a searing shot of pain through my right leg. Oh Yikes! This was followed by much swearing about ruddy physiotherapists!!

I sat down, pedalled gently around and about a bit and headed home via the chemist. Hip Flexor Stretches shortly so that I can kick ass the next time I see the ruddy physio!




                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment