About Me

My photo
Whether it's five miles or five hundred miles, riding a bicycle is more fun than anyone ever told me! My New Year's Resolution to cycle 10 miles a day or 40 minutes on a spin bike has meant that by the end of May I have cycled 2,600 miles! Because of my cycling wardrobe the weather has not stopped me from cycling (unless it really is -5 degrees or with wind gusts of 25 mph). Cycling in style and in comfort is really important to me as I don't really want to be covered in logos looking like a Ninja as I buy groceries or attend meetings. I have found some things that work for me but am always looking for new pieces. For me, Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery for the basics. My two favourite brands for my wardrobe are www.velorution.com and www.velovixen.com but I am always looking for new pieces. I would love to know what works for you and why. Happy cycling!

Thursday 14 February 2013

Mice Log Star Date 34

20 Miles around London somewhat unexpectedly as a lazy Sunday turned out to be anything but! Evey Allsopp had a yellow card to come and do her very first Sunday London Ride - on her fab road bike - wooohooooooooooo!!!

We met at Victoria Station and headed up to Hyde Park Corner. Ooo it was cold. 2 degrees is nippy! A few minutes later Benborp arrived. He had already met Evey Chez Allsopps when swapping turbos apparently!

We waited for the Household Cavalry to go by as it is always so impressive to see. Then off down Constitution Hill where I was overtaken by a whirlwind - Evey shot off like she has been cycling at speed all her life. Wowser! Ben and I definitely heard "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" reverberating along the wall of Buckingham Palace gardens. Fabulous! When we caught up with her, there was a very large grin on her face! 

We headed down to Parliament Square, along the Embankment, through the City and Canary Wharf to Trinity Buoys Wharf where we consumed buckets of tea whilst chatting about all sorts of things - children, theatre, wardrobe (Andy Allsopp your wife needs thicker socks - her feet were frozen!) cleats to name a few subjects covered.


On the way back, heading westwards the headwind was decidedly unpleasant but that didnt stop Evey from speeding along Commercial Road at 20mph. Thank goodness for traffic lights!

It was all great fun and I hope that the smile on Eveys face is a sign that Sunday London Rides are to be revisited frequently - if not weekly! FNRttCs are looking highly likely and Evey will be at the top of the hills before I can say "Stopping"!!

What we wore: I wore lycra leggings, a Baa Baa merino baselayer, a longsleeved cycling top and Gore Oxygen jacket which performs perfect temperature control, is windproof and waterproof. I wore my cycling shoes with two pairs of woollen socks.  Evey wore leggings, a sweatshirt and a cycling top borrowed from her husband. On her feet she wore trainers.  Ben wore cycling leggings, a cycling top and cycling shoes with special cleats I havent seen before.  The cleat is on the pedal not the shoe.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment