About Me

My photo
Whether it's five miles or five hundred miles, riding a bicycle is more fun than anyone ever told me! My New Year's Resolution to cycle 10 miles a day or 40 minutes on a spin bike has meant that by the end of May I have cycled 2,600 miles! Because of my cycling wardrobe the weather has not stopped me from cycling (unless it really is -5 degrees or with wind gusts of 25 mph). Cycling in style and in comfort is really important to me as I don't really want to be covered in logos looking like a Ninja as I buy groceries or attend meetings. I have found some things that work for me but am always looking for new pieces. For me, Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery for the basics. My two favourite brands for my wardrobe are www.velorution.com and www.velovixen.com but I am always looking for new pieces. I would love to know what works for you and why. Happy cycling!

Thursday 14 February 2013

Mice Log Monday Star Date 42

 11.02.13. 20.30 miles, average speed 12.5, max speed 20.50mph in 1.37hrs.  The Author of Barring Mechanicals  Barring Mechanicals is in trouble! Wait 'til I Get My Hands on Andy Allsopp.

2 degrees it said on BBCs website. No problem I thought (well there's the first worry). I wrapped up warmly headed out and no sooner had I reached Hyde Park I was in a blizzard. A blizzard. From snowflakes to hailstones battering my glasses and indeed my face. Did I stop, turn round and go home? No - of course not - I just kept pedalling. Worse, I just kept pedalling and loved it. Andy we need to talk!


There weren't many people in the park and I think I saw the track stander guy from Saturday but I was so busy daydreaming I didnt clock it was him till I had gone past! My face was being beaten by hailstones but I was grinning from ear to ear. Never mind Barring Mechanicals how about Barring Blizzards?! 


I cycled three laps and headed off to a physio appointment followed by a trip to the dentist! The dentist was fine but the physio said "Just so you know, it may hurt tomorrow....."! Yikes! That means it really is going to hurt tomorrow, they never say things like that.

Apparently my knee is going to get better providing I do my exercises. Things have improved, the exercise she tried to get me to do last time - a lunge, apparently - I couldn't actually do last time at all because all the muscles are in trauma but two weeks later with the exercises she gave me I can now do lunges. Progress at least.

Then I ate this (yum yum!) http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/warm_baked_goats_cheese_84646#method It was so good I took a pic!


Stay warm out there peeps! (And for the record it wasn't me that broke Andy Allsopps HTC!)  And just in case you have never heard or read this - I heartily recommend this as a good read whether you are cycling to Scotland or Sainsburys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment