About Me

My photo
Whether it's five miles or five hundred miles, riding a bicycle is more fun than anyone ever told me! My New Year's Resolution to cycle 10 miles a day or 40 minutes on a spin bike has meant that by the end of May I have cycled 2,600 miles! Because of my cycling wardrobe the weather has not stopped me from cycling (unless it really is -5 degrees or with wind gusts of 25 mph). Cycling in style and in comfort is really important to me as I don't really want to be covered in logos looking like a Ninja as I buy groceries or attend meetings. I have found some things that work for me but am always looking for new pieces. For me, Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery for the basics. My two favourite brands for my wardrobe are www.velorution.com and www.velovixen.com but I am always looking for new pieces. I would love to know what works for you and why. Happy cycling!

Thursday 14 February 2013

Mice Log Sunday London Ride date 41

10.02.13. 20.50 miles, average speed 11.5, max speed 21.50mph in 1.44hrs.

The weather wasnt looking brilliant but I saw on Cycle Chat that TJ Alexander was heading for HPC which was a great incentive to shift myself!

I arrived at 9.35, the Cavalry rode by and we were so busy chatting that we were still there at 10am when Topcat1 turned up! 




We headed through Hyde Park to Regents Park (this is familiar, I thought!) and headed to the giraffes who were being fed so they were out of their house! Woop Woop! 



A lap of the Outer Circle followed by a lap of the Inner Circle (which turned out to be two as TJ and I missed the turning!) then a lovely hour or so in The Honest Sausage Cafe who confirmed that they no longer do vegetarian sausages. We sat and chatted over teas, coffees and cake, oblivious to the rain or rather sleet falling from the skies.

After a McP, Topcat1 headed for home and TJ and I went to Look Mum No Hands. Despite being riddled with gears no one batted an eyelid as we arrived! Cappuccinos and mushrooms on toast in a packed space but the atmosphere is very relaxed and an uber cool place to be. Not exactly cheap - £5.60 for a tea and a decaf cappuccino!

However, we had a great chat about all sorts of things - all things June (wooohoooooooooo!!!!),Hebden Bridge (I started that because ColinJ often mentions that on Cycle Chat and it sounds pretty - hilly but pretty!) , Woodrups (Hello Vernon!), Penines, TFL and all sorts of things. TJ should be in charge of both the TFL and the NHS. He makes sense.

We left as the skies stop drizzing and headed home, parting at Victoria.

A lovely way to spend the day - thank you chaps. Next week I am hoping Evey Allsopp will be there - although I may not be able to keep up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment