About Me

My photo
Whether it's five miles or five hundred miles, riding a bicycle is more fun than anyone ever told me! My New Year's Resolution to cycle 10 miles a day or 40 minutes on a spin bike has meant that by the end of May I have cycled 2,600 miles! Because of my cycling wardrobe the weather has not stopped me from cycling (unless it really is -5 degrees or with wind gusts of 25 mph). Cycling in style and in comfort is really important to me as I don't really want to be covered in logos looking like a Ninja as I buy groceries or attend meetings. I have found some things that work for me but am always looking for new pieces. For me, Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery for the basics. My two favourite brands for my wardrobe are www.velorution.com and www.velovixen.com but I am always looking for new pieces. I would love to know what works for you and why. Happy cycling!

Thursday 14 February 2013

Mice Log Star Date 40

 9th Feb 2013.  21.35 miles in 1hr 58, max speed 21.5 in the cold! I headed to Hyde Park for a couple of laps before meeting a friend. As I went past the Albert Memorial I looked for BentMikeys Mean Rapto Machine but no joy so carried on to Hyde Park Corner.

A lap and a half later it was time return to the Albert Memorial to meet a friend.
As I was saying hello - Bentmikey appeared!! What a disguise! Not only had he travelled by train (so no bike) but he was in civvies!!! Good to see him though.     
We left Mikey with his students and headed round Hyde Park once more. A roadie was doing the most awesome track standing - I was green with envy and told him so! 
When we passed him later he was walking as he had a flat. I offered (a la Andy Allsopp stylee) the use of a pump, tyre levers and repair kit (I didn't have the same size tube) but he was all set to go to the bike shop. (It wasn't completely a la Andy Allsopp as I didn't have any repaired inner tubes to lob at him!). He seemed happy enough so we made our way to Regents Park to see the Giraffes! Fab!!
On the way to the Honest Sausage Cafe we found another spot from where you can see the penguins! 



Then on to the Cafe for cappuccinos and catch ups!  A family of four arrived and I found myself gawping at their Brommie with a child seat - the owner let me take a couple of pics. The mum was on foot so I recommended a Cirque Tandem! Everyone on bicycles - wooop wooop!






The temperature was really cold when we left so I headed for home although I couldn't stop from popping into Gails Bakery for their Carrot Cake!
 

Not entirely sure it's part of my five a day but it was delicious!
What we wore:  Bea wore jeans, a jumper, a windproof jacket, thick socks and boots.  I wore two pairs of leggings, a pair of overtrousers, a merino baselayer, a cycling top and my Gore Oxygen jacket which has been a real investment. It was expensive but does a fabulous job and I wear it most days. On my feet I wore two pairs of socks and a pair of trainers.  
I wonder what you would wear?   

No comments:

Post a Comment