About Me

My photo
Whether it's five miles or five hundred miles, riding a bicycle is more fun than anyone ever told me! My New Year's Resolution to cycle 10 miles a day or 40 minutes on a spin bike has meant that by the end of May I have cycled 2,600 miles! Because of my cycling wardrobe the weather has not stopped me from cycling (unless it really is -5 degrees or with wind gusts of 25 mph). Cycling in style and in comfort is really important to me as I don't really want to be covered in logos looking like a Ninja as I buy groceries or attend meetings. I have found some things that work for me but am always looking for new pieces. For me, Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery for the basics. My two favourite brands for my wardrobe are www.velorution.com and www.velovixen.com but I am always looking for new pieces. I would love to know what works for you and why. Happy cycling!

Wednesday 30 January 2013

An Autumnal day

For longer than five mile rides the wardrobe changes make things more comfortable.  The advancement in Lycra and Merino allow the body to move without restrictions, managing body temperatures and making the time on the bike about being on the bike and not about fabric malfunctions. Padded shorts, longs, threequarter lengths depend on your shape and how you feel.  I look better in 3/4 length rather than shorts but that's just me.  Cleats and SPDs or LOOK enable maximum use of pedal power.

Predetermined and pre-reccied routes mean that the ride is about the ride and not about being lost, hungry and late.  

A sunny day in August found me on a train to Brighton to meet up with a friend so that we could mosey around the seaside town and pop out to Lewes for a forty mile loop via Haywards Heath on one of their weekend routes.
 


Booking trains in advance when possible is economical and easy although battling with a bike reservation can add some stress.



A bakery stall at Brighton Station could have upset the calorie intake:calorie burn ratio for the day


                 Sahar in Lewes with her new wheels.  Too cool for school!





In Haywards Heath for Lunch at Cafe Rouge we hung up our helmets and enjoyed a lovely lunch


This sums up the day - a lovely route around West Sussex.  40 miles for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment