About Me

My photo
Whether it's five miles or five hundred miles, riding a bicycle is more fun than anyone ever told me! My New Year's Resolution to cycle 10 miles a day or 40 minutes on a spin bike has meant that by the end of May I have cycled 2,600 miles! Because of my cycling wardrobe the weather has not stopped me from cycling (unless it really is -5 degrees or with wind gusts of 25 mph). Cycling in style and in comfort is really important to me as I don't really want to be covered in logos looking like a Ninja as I buy groceries or attend meetings. I have found some things that work for me but am always looking for new pieces. For me, Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery for the basics. My two favourite brands for my wardrobe are www.velorution.com and www.velovixen.com but I am always looking for new pieces. I would love to know what works for you and why. Happy cycling!

Monday 11 March 2013

Mice Log oooooo What's Happened to the Weather?!




Star Date 69 14.50 miles, average speed 9.2 top speed 21.6 in 1hr36; on the Brommie!  Someone seems to have stolen Spring.  The daffodils are on ice. The crocuses may croak before the end of the month. It's all gone mad!

None of that stopped me from riding my bike tho'!  I chose the Brommie in case I needed to take a train later and travelled South to lunch with friends.  I popped into M&S on the way, couldn't be bothered to fold the Brommie so just trundled around with it as though it was a trolley!  

I went past a tennis court and there were not only people playing tennis but one of them was actually in shorts! Shorts?! I tried to take a pic but the snowstorm upset the focus!!  Then I saw a guy cycling with a Bass on his back!!
The plan for the day was to rock up at a friends' house, she was to provide the space, drinks and fine hosting - we were to provide some of the food.  One of us said he'd cook.  The rest of us all cyber-spacically looked at each other going "Really??"  "Oh yes, no  problem.  You're vegetarian.  I'll bring an aubergine".  Gulp!   

As it happened he arrived with an aubergine and a puncture.  He was unamused - that's the second in three days (puncture not aubergine).  Our lovely host took over the kitchen and magically produced the most delicious risotto.  Another friend brought home-made apple biscuits.   If either of these two peeps offer to do any kind of cooking just say yes.  It was all delicious.
 
The puncture was fixed, conversations took off about all sorts.  There are some things in life I'd rather not know.  F'rinstance gelatine.  My face is all screwed up just thinking about it.  Suffice to say that non vegetarians have been eating gelatine for centuries and it apparently hasn't done us any harm.  Just don't ever, ever, ever ask what it's made of...!
 A really lovely afternoon that went into evening. We carried on eating, drinking, laughing right through to 9pm.  One hell of a lunch I'd say.  As we left, the Cook (and I use that word loosely) said he'd show me a good route home.  This turned out to be more of a good route to his home as I missed the "turn right at the lights" moment!  Thankfully he showed me another route, we went our separate ways and I pedalled on as fast as I could - the cold was colder than cold.
                                          The Cook - too cool for Skool! (He may prefer Skol!)

But another lovely day.  Thank you peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment