About Me

My photo
Whether it's five miles or five hundred miles, riding a bicycle is more fun than anyone ever told me! My New Year's Resolution to cycle 10 miles a day or 40 minutes on a spin bike has meant that by the end of May I have cycled 2,600 miles! Because of my cycling wardrobe the weather has not stopped me from cycling (unless it really is -5 degrees or with wind gusts of 25 mph). Cycling in style and in comfort is really important to me as I don't really want to be covered in logos looking like a Ninja as I buy groceries or attend meetings. I have found some things that work for me but am always looking for new pieces. For me, Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery for the basics. My two favourite brands for my wardrobe are www.velorution.com and www.velovixen.com but I am always looking for new pieces. I would love to know what works for you and why. Happy cycling!

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Mice Log Star Date 1 to 7

New Year's Resolution Star Date 1.  Tuesday 1st Jan. The resolution was to push myself from being a five mile cyclist to do a minimum of 10 miles a day. This may or may not work out but it was a challenge.  If the weather was too awful ie icy or windy the compromise was to do 30 minutes on the turbo. 





Inspired by a friend, Ross Chestney, who was cycling a 50 mile run in and out of London the least I could do was a pootle round Hyde Park. 24.25 miles in 2 hours, average speed 11.5, max speed 20.9. Sunny and fun. And well over target.



Not sure it justified an enormous piece of carrot cake from Gail's bakery but hey, it's New Year's Day!

My Cycling Log 2013. Star Date 2nd Jan. Wednesday. (No Photos as visibility was unfunny and unsunny). The Guilt of the Carrot Cake pushed me out on two wheels along with the opportunity to do some shopping in the sales. Three laps of Hyde Park, a couple of laps of Belgrave Square and home with a few bargains. 12.3 miles, Average speed 12.3, max speed 21.10 in 59 mins 57 seconds! Was soaked through at least one layer in the Park but it was worth it!

Now have 2013 Diary so filling it with FNRttCs and Cyclechat rides amongst other noncycling but good things. Hopefully seeing the dates will spur me on to increase fitness. Not least as I'm already double booking myself!

I also keep hearing about how hilly the Cardiff/Swansea FNRttC is going to be!

My Cycling Log 2013 Star Day 3rd Jan. (No photos again) 16.28 miles, av 11.9, max speed 22.1 during 1hr 21 mins. Met a triathlete who has an 18 year old steel Colnago with the old fashion gear switches.

My Cycling Log 2013 Star Day 4th Jan16.01 miles, 11.5 average speed, 24.5 max speed, during 1.21 hours. Oooo I seem to have been a weencier bit speedier today! 





My Cycling log 2013 Star Day 5th Jan 32.27 miles, Av speed 10.2. All good fun!What a lovely Saturday.


Met two friends on Westminster Bridge where Cormorants were sitting on buoys apparently stretching their wings to dry.



We headed over the Bridge, down past The Old Vic, past a butchers and into Bermondsey where we found a foray of food emporiums under the arches.




Coffee was served, bread was bought - mushrooms were noted in Druid Street for the return visit on a Saturday.  


Over Tower Bridge and into St Katherines Docks one of which is being dredged (or semi-dredged) and out along a canal and eventually alongside the river to Canary Wharf.



A visit to John Lewis followed by lunch in Leon then up to Brick Lane to see if we could go to the limited annual open days of 1 Princeton Street. The queue was rather long so we headed into a Beigel shop instead! What a fun day.   


 
I headed west and found myself in Hyde Park so couldnt resist a few laps.  All good fun!
My Cycling Log Day 6. 22 miles around Stevenage with 15 lovely other peeps from CycleChat Dot Net.

My first ride on my road bike since Germany with Olaf Storbeck at the beginning of November. Was foggy but fun and a couple of mini hills. 



                                             My bike needs a clean! There was mud!! 

Max speed 26, no idea re average speed but cake, company and conversation were tops! 


My Cycling log star day 7. A pootle in the park on the Marin, 14.13 miles, 20.8 fastest speed, ave 10.8 in 1 hour 10. Also included millionaires row and a trip to High Street Ken to a locksmiths. Chores eh?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment