About Me

My photo
Whether it's five miles or five hundred miles, riding a bicycle is more fun than anyone ever told me! My New Year's Resolution to cycle 10 miles a day or 40 minutes on a spin bike has meant that by the end of May I have cycled 2,600 miles! Because of my cycling wardrobe the weather has not stopped me from cycling (unless it really is -5 degrees or with wind gusts of 25 mph). Cycling in style and in comfort is really important to me as I don't really want to be covered in logos looking like a Ninja as I buy groceries or attend meetings. I have found some things that work for me but am always looking for new pieces. For me, Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery for the basics. My two favourite brands for my wardrobe are www.velorution.com and www.velovixen.com but I am always looking for new pieces. I would love to know what works for you and why. Happy cycling!

Saturday 23 February 2013

Mice Log Star Date 54

The return trip south! 22.95 miles 11.3mph ave 23.6 top in 2 hrs 1 min!

It's the first time I have ever woken up to a full length poster of One Direction's Niall!
  

A lie-in was followed by quite the most spectacular breakfast. The sort of thing I see in a cafe but I was still in my jimjams! (Let's not mention the smoke detector getting in on the act!)

 

More eating and laughing right through to midday when it was time to head home. 

 

Out into the snowstorm. What was I doing? I took directions to avoid the hill I had whizzed down the night before but then thought that frankly that was a bad thing to do so headed straight up the hill - and some would say it wasnt even a hill!


I took the same route down as up but couldn't resist a peep at the giraffes at the London Zoo.

 


Then I found myself cycling back to justebikes in Portobello Road as they have been on my mind.  Could I replace my 49cc scooter with an ebike? The scooter is used at night in bad weather and to carry heavy shopping. But an ebike would replace that and I would never have to buy any petrol again - nor road tax, parking permits and all the other running costs involved. 


Justebikes recommended the Sparta. The great thing about these bikes is that you can turn off the electric supply and power it yourself completely but if you want to have the extra assistance it's available.  I wonder what experience and thoughts you have on ebikes.  My mulling continues.

I got back on my own bike and on principle cycled up to the top of Ladbroke Grove! 

I found myself heading back to Ledbury Road to Daylesford for their carrot cake. Tut Tut but how delicious! On the way home I bumped into a friend in Kensington Palace Gardens and after a chat headed home.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment